Pune Vipassana Center is also named among the major Vipassana Centers of India. Students coming to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune get a great experience of Vipassana Courses. Vipassana is such a meditation technique whose words fall short to describe the glory. This meditation technique, which was extinct from India, was rediscovered by Gautam Buddha about 2500 years ago.
Pune Vipassana Center – An Introduction
Today, Vipassana Centers are located in more than 90 countries. The Pune Vipassana Center was established in the year 2000. This center is also known as Dhamma Punna. Dhamma Punna means “The Land of Pure Merit”.
Pune Vipassana Center (Dhamma Punna) is a very beautiful place, about 7 kilometers from Pune railway station. Students who come to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune are delighted to see the beauty of this center. Decorated with beautiful trees, plants, and flowers, this center has also become a center of attraction for the local people.
Spread over 3 acres, the center has a capacity of 90 students (50 male and 40 female). Students who come to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune, after completing the 10-Day Course, also participate in other courses of Vipassana.
In this article, we will discuss the Pune Vipassana Center (Dhamma Punna) in detail. Detailed information about the key locations of the center, various courses, rules, and timetables will be given. Apart from this, you will be learned in detail how to apply for Vipassana Meditation in Pune.
Important Places At Pune Vipassana Center
The entrance of the Pune Vipassana Center (Dhamma Punna) is enough to explain the grandeur of this center. Students who come to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune, understand the greatness of Vipassana only by seeing this entrance. This large and beautiful entrance is the main attraction of this locality.
On entering from the main gate, there is the office of Pune Vipassana Center (Dhamma Punna) in front. Above the office is a small meditation hall. In this meditation hall, old students can come and practice vipassana at any time. The practice time is from 7 am to 4 pm. Many old students of Vipassana Meditation in Pune come here and practice Vipassana regularly.
A little ahead of the office, is the book shop of Pune Vipassana Center. Many books and CDs related to Vipassana are available here. New and old students who come to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune buy many books and CDs from here. Not only students of Vipassana, but anyone can come here and buy material related to Vipassana.
Next to the book shop is the registration area of Pune Vipassana Center (Dhamma Punna). This area is large and open. All students who come to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune are registered here. Registration is a normal process before the commencement of the course.
Procedures during registration:
- Filling in the registration form.
- Room allocation (for students).
- Deposit of mobiles, laptops, wallets, etc.
- Token distribution for laundry service.
Next to the registration area, Pune Vipassana Center has been divided into two parts. Female zone and Male zone. Men and women have different zones in every Vipassana Centers of the world. During the course, it is strictly forbidden for men to enter the women’s zone and women to enter the men’s zone. This is one of the important rules of Vipassana Centers.
The facilities available to the students in both the zones are the same. The structure of the course, the rules of the center, the timetables, etc. are all the same.
Dhamma Hall (Meditation Hall)
This is the most important place of Pune Vipassana Center. Students who come to learn Vipassana Meditation in Pune, learn and practice Vipassana in Dhamma Hall (Meditation Hall). The capacity of this hall is about 80 students.
This Dhamma Hall is full of positive energy. Upon entering this hall, the mind gets a different level of peace and relaxation. There is a seating area for the teachers in the front of the hall. There are cushions in the hall for the students to sit in. During the course, students meditate in this hall for 10 hours every day. This practice of students has made the atmosphere of Dhamma Hall like this.
The rules of Dhamma Hall are very strict. Students have to follow the rules of Dhamma Hall strictly.
Very good arrangements have been made for the stay of the students at the Pune Vipassana Center. The arrangement of living of female and male students is the same. Students who come to learn and practice Vipassana in Pune always praise the system here.
A room is allotted to two students (one new and one old). All kinds of facilities are available in the rooms. Electricity is available for 24 hours. There is a bed, bedsheet, pillow, blanket, etc. in the room for the students. The facility of the attached bathroom is available in each room. Hot and cold water is available for bathing.
Dining Hall And Kitchen
Talking about the food of the students who came to learn and practice Vipassana meditation in Pune, it is at the top of every criterion.
The dining hall here is large and well organized. Every student is allotted a fixed seat in the dining hall. Till the completion of the course, all the students have to sit on the allotted seat and have breakfast and lunch. Some rules of the dining hall have been made. All students must follow all those rules.
The kitchen here is very clean. Cleanliness and quality of food are taken special care of during cooking. Students are given only vegetarian breakfast and lunch. Students are not allowed to enter the kitchen.
Note: Dinner is not served to the students. This is one of the rules of the course.
This is a special area for students who come to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune. This area of Pune Vipassana Center is surrounded by trees, plants, and flowers.
The students coming to the course do meditation for 10 hours every day. This is very hard work. In such a situation, students spend their time here whenever there is a break during practice. After lunch and in the evening, students are often seen walking.
Rules For Students Who Come to Learn Vipassana Meditation In Pune
Vipassana is a very ancient and rare Meditation technique. It requires rigorous practice, patience, determination, and discipline to learn. It is impossible to learn Vipassana without them. Therefore some rules have been made for students at Vipassana Centers. Every student must follow these rules. These rules also apply to the students who come to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune. Let’s take a look at the rules of the Pune Vipassana Center (Dhamma Punna):
Dhamma Hall Rules
- During the entire course, students have to practice sitting on their allotted seats.
- During practice, students are not allowed to leave the hall.
- The students should have their eyes closed during practice.
- Students have to wait for their turn to ask questions to the teacher. Students can ask questions to the teacher only when the number comes in sequence.
Dining Hall Rules
- Students have to take breakfast and lunch only by sitting on the allotted seat.
- Students have to wash the used utensils (plates, bowls, glasses, spoons, etc.) by themselves and keep them in the right place.
- It is strictly prohibited to waste food.
- Students are not allowed to enter the kitchen.
Other Rules Of The Center
Apart from the rules of Dhamma Hall and Dining Hall, there are some rules of the center. Students also have to follow these rules strictly. Dhamma Sevaks are always posted at the center to ensure that the students follow the rules of the center properly. Let’s take a look at those rules of the Center.
Rules Of The Center:
- Noble Silence (most important).
- No Intoxication.
- No Any Exercise.
- Walking Is Allowed.
- No Rituals.
- No Reading.
- No Writing.
- No Gesture.
- No Shorts/Heavy Cloths.
Various Vipassana Courses are conducted at Pune Vipassana Center (Dhamma Punna). Students who come to learn Vipassana Meditation in Pune, after completing the 10-day course, can participate in other courses. Let us give you detailed information about the Vipassana Courses to be organized at this center:
- 10-Day Courses: People above the age of 18 years can participate in these courses. New students can participate in other courses only after completing the 10-Day Course. In these courses, Anapana Meditation is practiced for the first three days. The practice of Vipassana begins on the fourth day.
- 7-Day Courses: These courses are conducted for teenagers of 15 to 19 years. The rules of these courses are the same as the 10-Day Courses. Only there are slight differences in the timetable.
- Satipatthana Sutra Courses: Only those old students who have completed at least three 10-day Vipassana courses can participate in these courses. The rules and timetable of these courses are the same as the 10-Day Vipassana Courses. Only the video discourses of the evening are completely different. The duration of these courses is 9 days.
- 3-Day Short Courses: Only old students can participate in these short courses. Old students who have completed a 10-Day Course can participate in these short courses.
- Children Courses: Children also get a chance to learn Vipassana Meditation in Pune.1-Day Anapana and 2-Day Residential Courses are conducted here for children.
How To Apply For The Courses?
To learn Vipassana Meditation in Pune, students have to apply on the official website of Pune Vipassana Center. The questions asked in the application have to be answered correctly. Students are notified by email and phone a few days after applying.
To participate in the course, the student must have an Email and Government ID (PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Passport, or any other Government ID).
Note: All the Vipassana Courses at Pune Vipassana Center are conducted through donations. New students can also donate after completing the 10 Day Course.
How To Reach Pune Vipassana Center?
The Pune Vipassana Center is located at a distance of 7 km from the Pune railway station. Pune is counted among the major cities of India. Pune can be easily reached from any city in the world. Autorickshaws or taxis are easily available from Pune Railway Station.
Pune Vipassana Samiti Pune
Dadawadi, Opp. Nehru Stadium,
Near Anand Mangal Karyalaya,
Pune 411 002, Maharashtra, India
How To Reach Pune?
- By Air: Pune is connected to almost all cities of India by domestic airlines. The nearest international airport of Pune is Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai. Students coming from abroad can come to Mumbai and take a flight to Pune.
- By Rail: Pune is connected to almost every city in India by rail. The cities with which Pune is not connected by rail can easily reach Pune via Mumbai.
- Can Physically Challenged People Learn Vipassana Meditation in Pune?
Ans: Yes. The doors of the Pune Vipassana Center are also open for physically challenged people. Separate arrangements have been made for physically challenged people to learn Vipassana Meditation in Pune.
- Why dinner is not served in Vipassana Courses?
Ans: For the good practice of Vipassana, one-fourth of the stomach should be empty. Hence dinner is not available.
- What exactly we practice in Vipassana?
Ans: In Vipassana, we practice observing the gross and subtle sensations arising on our body with equanimity.
- What is the upper age limit for learning Vipassana Meditation in Pune?
Ans: There is no upper age limit.
The Pune Vipassana Center (Dhamma Punna) is one of the best centers in India. Located in Pune city, this center attracts the attention of the people. The beauty and serene environment here compels the students who come to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune to come here again and again.
Entry Gate, Office, Registration Area, Student Residence, Book Shop, Dhamma Hall, Dining Hall, and Walking area are the main places here.
Various Vipassana courses for women and men are organized in Pune Vipassana Center. Women and men have different areas. The rules and the timetables of the center are the same for female and male students who come to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune.
Students who come to learn and practice Vipassana Meditation in Pune have to go through the normal process of registration before the course starts.
Many courses of Vipassana are conducted here. After learning Vipassana Meditation in Pune, students can also participate in different courses here. To learn Vipassana Meditation in Pune, we have to apply on the official website of Pune Vipassana Center.
If you also want to learn the right art of living life by freeing yourself from the impurities of your mind, then apply for Vipassana Meditation in Pune today. Vipassana has miraculous benefits.
Other Famous Vipassana Centers In India:
- Igatpuri Vipassana Center (Dhamma Giri)
- Jaipur Vipassana Center (Dhamma Thali)
- Mumbai Vipassana Center (Dhamma Pattana)
- Delhi Vipassana Center (Dhamma Sota)
- Kolhapur Vipassana Center (Dhammalaya)
- Bangalore Vipassana Center (Dhamma Paphulla)
Thanks For Reading This Article. Be Happy.